Urban Studies is still able to declare your minor this semester! Just write to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will schedule you to meet over the phone with minor advisor Elaine Simon.
In the meeting, try to have Penn InTouch open in front of you if possible, and you and Elaine will begin to fill out a minor proposal form, that will orient you to the requirements. You will also have a chance to ask questions and clarify your interests.
A minor in Urban Studies consists of six course units:
- One Urban Studies course from the themes of either History of Cities or Comparative and Theoretical Dimensions.
- Two Urban Studies courses distributed across any other two themes
- Fieldwork (URBS 300) 2 c.u.
- One Urban related elective. (This course can be in Urban Studies or a relevant course outside of Urban Studies which must be approved by the URBS advisor.)
* Because this minor requires an credit-bearing, unpaid internship (URBS 300), it is advised that students formally declare no later than the beginning of junior year. You will be formally admitted to the minor only after receiving approval from Dr. Simon.